
After the craziness of the holidays, we decided to trek up north for a little R&R. It was FREEZING COLD. It was great to be up at the cabin, but it was tough to keep warm with highs deep below zero. (The last night it was -27 degrees.)

When it's too cold to have outside fun, you have inside fun! Wagon rides are still fun with a big comfy blanket and being pulled around inside the house...ok, not even close to as fun as in the summertime, but we were desperate!

Ryan and Dixie dreaming of the times it didn't hurt your skin to be outside.

Dear whoever built cabinet handles too high for a toddler to get into them: thank you.

Ryan has started crossing his legs when he's in his high chair. I think it's so cute!

He's also started pulling off his bibs halfway through mealtimes. Every bib comes off with a quick yank, aside from the few snapping bibs. This is NOT so cute.


This was the last day up there. We were all getting a little stir crazy. Dixie apparently thought it was a better idea to lay out in the driveway in the -13 degree weather than spending one more second couped up in the cabin with a toddler. I can't honestly say I blame her!
I took some vacation time so I've been a stay-at-home-mom since before Christmas Eve. Work is going to be insane when I get back, so I'm trying to cherish every second I have left with my babies (and hubby, of course!) I've really had such a great time at home! Vacation is so wonderful for so many reasons...first, I've had loads of time to spend with Ryan and I do feel like I miss a lot because I work full time (however, do I appreciate this time more because it's so rare? Probably.) Secondly, I was able to read a book. I honestly don't remember the last time I did that. Thanks, honey, for the new Dan Brown book!! I even found time to try out some new recipes, get Ryan's car seat checked with the Roseville PD, get him up to date on shots...and my house is clean!! I love that! What a great way to start the new year! Welcome, 2010! Of course there are many things that I still never quite got to...oh well, I'm trying to look at the positive. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment