Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Mmmmmm...food....

As most of you know, I really love to cook. Mainly...because I really love to eat! As Ryan has gotten a bit bigger, Nick is logging lots of hours at work, and winter drags on, I have found myself with some free time to try out some new recipes. My wonderful husband bought me a slow-cooker cookbook (Nick loves the crock pot...I'm not really sure where his love for this funny appliance comes from???) so I've been cooking my way through the book. I know what you're thinking...buying your wife a cookbook is like buying her a vacuum. I don't see it that way at all and I love it! Some recipes have turned out marginal, at best, but some have been truly delightful and pretty easy, so I thought I'd pass one along:
Blue Cheese and Dried Cherry Meatloaf. Mmmm...I have an unnatural obsession with blue cheese so I had a feeling I'd like this. Nick didn't think he'd love the cherries at first, but he came around.
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/08/crockpot-bleu-cheese-and-dried-cherry.html
I do recommend this cookbook ("Make it Fast, Cook it Slow") because the food has been yummy and the writing is hilarious. She gives you the recipe and then has a "verdict" section at the end. Here's one example: (the Verdict on her Hot & Spicy Artichoke Dip) "I think if I ever live all by myself I want to fill a bathtub with that stuff and climb in with a bag of Pita chips. That's not weird or anything, is it?"
She's got a blog too, you should check it out: crockpot365.blogspot.com

Another delicious dish that has become a favorite in our house is this Baked Shrimp with Feta Cheese pasta from Cooking Light.com. So easy and so, so good! And hey, it's from Cooking Light, so it all balances out in the end if you wash it down with a bottle of wine, right?
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=222198

No comments: