This is the twelfth and final weekly update. From this point forward, I'll do monthly updates instead. I'm going back to work and my time to post will be greatly reduced. (sniffle, sniffle) Ryan will spend the next couple of weeks at home with Dad so hopefully the transition back to work will be a little easier on me.
At three months, here's an update on Ryan's life:
* We've moved his bedtime back to 7:30pm and he goes down well about 85% of the time with no fussing and sleeps usually until about 4am or 5am. My assertion that he was sleeping through the night at two months was a little premature. Everyone said it'd be like a light switch and all of a sudden he'd be sleeping through the night. It was definitely not like that. There was a lot of back and forth before he was solidly sleeping through.
* He still loves bath time and smiles and giggles when I start the water.
* Yes, he giggles! Not often, but if I'm laughing then he'll start laughing too. He loves to mimic me and we "talk" all the time.
* He's getting better at tummy time, but still doesn't love it.
* His reflux means he's spitting up A LOT. Laundry is a constant chore in our house.
* He's still impossible to burp, which is really frustrating.
* He's still good at napping. He's very funny when I put him down to bed sleepy, but still awake, he "talks" to himself before he falls asleep.
* He's super happy and smiley when he wakes up from naps.
* His favorite word now is "ah" said like a high-pitched sigh when he's content.
* He still likes music and being sung to. For my many years of singing in choirs and even on a CD, I cannot remember the words to any lullabies or kids songs for the life of me. I usually have to sing "and mommy doesn't know what comes next" to the tune. Nick, however, stays away from lullabies and usually sticks to inappropriate rap lyrics (anyone remember the Friends episode where they sing "I like big butts" to Ross & Rachel's daughter? It's exactly like that.)
* He still likes to sleep swaddled, but he doesn't need the noise machine anymore. He just sleeps with the noise of the air purifier fan.
* As a tiny baby, he liked his baby papasan, and then he got older and hated it and now he likes it again. He loves the music and vibration.
* He likes to hold his hands together in front of him and is usually chewing on them.
* Now he can track things with his eyes; usually mom or dad around the room.
* He can hold his head steady now when he's upright.
* He loves to "stand" and will support his weight on his legs if you hold him up by his arms. I think he'll really like the Johnny Jump-Up.
No comments:
Post a Comment