
Ryan had his two month doctor's appointment today. We got a clean bill of health and several nasty shots. Ryan took it like a man though and there was just a little crying and only one big scream. Right now he's sleeping off his traumatic morning. He is now (drum roll, please) a whopping 13 lbs and 2 oz, which puts him in the 90th percentile for weight. He's 24 1/4 inches long, which is also at the 90th percentile for height (I think he might take after my 6-foot-plus brothers and not his midget parents.) His head is still only 15 1/4 inches, which is still the 25th percentile. The doctor assured me that small head size doesn't mean he's a moron (yes, I asked in those exact words!) She said her nephew, who's in his 20s is finishing a master's program and has the tiniest head she's ever seen. Poor guy! He's also officially been diagnosed with reflux. She laughed and said that if he didn't have reflux and kept down all he milk he swallows then he'd be the size of a toddler!
The time is ticking down until I have to go back to work and we're trying to figure out how much longer he'll nurse (sounds like a real pain to pump at work with my busy schedule), and how we can get him on a sleep cycle that will be workable for our schedule. The doctor gave us some tips to try if he doesn't like the taste of formula. I didn't even know that was an option that they might not like formula! Ugh. I've always been a wreck unless I can get at least eight hours of sleep a night. Although I've learned to function as a stay-at-home-mom on much less sleep, I'm worried about going to work on such little sleep and coming home and being awake enough to spend time with Ryan before he goes to sleep for the night. He's always gone to sleep for the night between 10-11pm, but we're trying to get him to go down between 7-8pm...I know, that's a big difference. So far it's been rocky, but it's only been a couple of days and hopefully we'll find something that works soon. Any suggestions?
We have an injured little pup. We noticed Dixie limping and she would yelp when she put a lot of pressure on her front left paw. We did a little investigating and she's got a cut on her dewclaw. The poor thing is feeling a little under the weather while her leg heals. I think she might have been milking it a little more than necessary for attention once we started fawning all over her when we discovered the injury.
No comments:
Post a Comment