Madeline had her one month appointment this week and her stats almost match her brother's (although she's two weeks older than he was at his one-month check-up.) She's 11lbs and 3oz, which is the 95% for weight. She's 22.5" tall, which is the 90% for height. Her head is 14.5 inches, which is the 50%. She's a hefty baby! :) The doctor laughed hysterically when she saw her because Ryan was such a skinny baby/child. She asked how she's eating/going potty and then laughed out loud because OBVIOUSLY this child doesn't have any problems eating...and spitting up is not an issue for her (unlike her big brother)! I am so grateful that she doesn't have feeding issues and I don't worry that she's getting enough to eat every day.
She's a really good sleeper, although it's on her schedule. The last two nights her bedtime has been 2am and 1am, but then she's slept until 9am. It is NOT easy for me to stay up that late at night so I'm pretty crabby/tired/achy by the time I fall into bed at night. She's not screaming, but mostly she's just awake, and a little fussy. I am so thankful that she's such a sweet mannered baby and her big brother still adores her. We take it day by day with Ryan, some days he's great and some days he's just pushing his boundaries constantly, but that's pretty typical for a toddler, right?! Last night was a good night..as he was drifting off to sleep he said "Mommy, you're the best! And Daddy is the best too!" Those moments melt your heart...
The biggest excitement of this week-- Madeline flashed us her first real smile! On Wednesday, the 25th I was happily surprised by those little gums! Maybe it was in honor of Grandma's birthday???
No comments:
Post a Comment