Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012



We started out our Halloween festivities at the Lund's fall festival with Grandma.  The balloon man made Ryan a fishing pole with a fish on the line, which was a BIG hit!  It was a great time and fun to celebrate with Grandma.  Madeline wasn't such a big fan--there was a lot of laughing and screaming and clapping and that freaked her out a bit.  Thankfully she got lots of snuggles from Grandma.




Mom was responsible for cleaning the pumpkins and baking the pumpkin seeds (one of my FAVORITE holiday treats!) and Dad got to carve.  Lots of fun!  Ryan still didn't get into cleaning the pumpkins and thought the insides were too "squishy."


We finished up the holiday with Halloween trick-or-treating at Nana and Papa's house.  It was a beautiful night and it was lots of fun because there were plenty of other kids running around having a blast.  Madeline was completely baffled as to why she was being carted around in the stroller in the darkness.  I'd say the holiday was a complete success (as I pick through Ryan's candy while he's fast asleep...hey, I earned it!  Why don't I eat Milk Duds and Peanut Butter M&Ms more often?)
Happy Halloween 2012!!
 

No comments: