OK...so it's been an embarrassingly long time since I've updated the blog and it's certainly not because there's nothing going on! Where to begin? Well, I'll blame extreme pregnancy-induced exhaustion and out of control morning (ALL DAY LONG) sickness for the initial lapse. That's right...baby #2 will arrive this winter. This pregnancy has been pretty different from our first. I have been much more tired (probably because I'm chasing after a 2-year old), have felt the baby move sooner (typical), and have been MUCH sicker this time than I was with Ryan. There have been suspicions for months, but we confirmed a couple of weeks ago that there is a reason for the difference--we're having a girl! I still can't wrap my brain around the idea, nor will I be certain until their actual birthday! So, that's been the biggest change in our lives lately. Nick is still keeping busy at work and getting ready for another football and hunting season (his happiest time of the year) and Ryan is busy doing...everything! He is interested in everything and doesn't stop until he tips over at the end of each day. Dixie is still kicking and is blissfully unaware of the tornado that will again turn her world upside down when we expand our brood. I have to admit that on more than one occasion as I'm leaving for work in the morning, I look at her and can't help but feel slightly jealous of her time spent sleeping all day.
With all that said, I will try to get better at posting and filling you in on all the silliness that's kept us busy this summer. Thanks for your patience!
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment