Friday, November 27, 2009

Getting ready for Christmas



Thanksgiving was over by hours, so now it's time to get ready for Christmas. Uncle Sean helped us out on our first Christmas tree shopping trip as a family. I think having help with set-up was key to saving our marriage. I've talked to others, so I know we're not alone in this, but every single time we buy a Christmas tree and try to set it up, we get into a major marital battle. Last year it started with "I don't think the tree is quite straight" and ended with "Happy f-ing Holidays. Are you happy? You've ruined Christmas." No good. Having that neutral mediator really helped everyone stay in the holiday spirit and ended up being a very special memory for us! Thanks, Sean!

This year we put the tree up in the basement in an effort to keep little fingers out of it. We'll see how it works!

No comments: