Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Happy Birthday, Ryan!

Ryan's birthday started with some special "birthday toast."  I studied with only the best culinary specialists to learn this recipe--peanut butter toast with sprinkles on top.  Super high class!  However, it's a huge hit with the preschool crowd.  I made a distinct point of calling birthday toast because I could predict the request the next morning...and I was correct.  As you can see by the grin, he was pretty excited.


Ryan helped me make his birthday cake--can you tell by the overabundance of crushed Heath bar on top???  He went a little crazy before I could step in.  Overall, he had a great day and had fun celebrating with his friends at school.
 
At five years old, Ryan....
* Is quite the talker.  He LOVES to talk.  Sometimes I am amazed at the things he picks up on and his sense of humor is great.  I have to remind myself to be patient sometimes because there will be a time that he won't want to talk to me all the time, and it'll be here before I know it.  I really do appreciate how much he wants to share and how in tune to things around him he is.
* He is a GREAT big brother, about 98% of the time.  He loves to share with her and teach her how to do things.  He loves to make her smile and laugh.  He loves to show her off to his friends, ("want to see my baby??!!") and treats her like a special prize that he's lucky to have in his life (which of course, we agree with.)
* He really likes to help and be "one of the adults."
* He is still a challenge to get down to bed at night...almost EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.  Life is just too exciting to take a break!!
* He is still up at the crack of dawn almost every morning, although now that I'm not working downtown anymore, that time has blissfully gotten later and later.
* He is a really good eater.  He eats a lot, and he likes almost all foods.  He loves vegetables and fruits, but hands down his favorite food is shells & cheese.  He totally has my sweet tooth and my love of cooking.
* He is artistic and loves to create.  He could spend hours every day with his art supplies.
 
Happy birthday to our big boy!

No comments: