Always chewing on those hands
Her other favorite pose, hands clasped tightly.
At five months, Madeline...
* Is not sleeping through the night. Boo! She was going for like 10-12 hour stretches at night and then I went on my girls weekend and now she wants to be best friends at night. Lately it's been down to once a night, but honestly, as much as I love my little peanut, I have someplace else I'd rather be at 2am! At least she just eats and goes right back to bed...but still!
* The biggest news is that she is teething! She has her bottom right front tooth in now and the left one can't be far behind. She constantly has her hands in her mouth and is drooling up a storm.
* She is really getting into the world around her. She loves her toys! She likes the exersaucer, but I need to bring it upstairs so she can spend some more time in it. I thought toys were taking over our house before, but man! She tried the Johnny-Jump-Up and LOVED it!
* She LOVES her brother and watches everything he does. The feeling is mutual, and for that I thank my lucky stars! She also loves her pup and will reach out and pet Dixie if she gets close enough. Thankfully she's very sweet to Dixie and hasn't pulled her fur once.
* She's much more timid and shy than Ryan was. He was a flirt and though she will flash her beautiful smile to people she doesn't know well, she likes to observe and gets very quiet if there are others around. She's a little chatterbox around me, but if there are other people around and activity to watch, she stays pretty quiet and just watches what's going on.
* She doesn't mind tummy time and likes rolling from back to front or front to back. She likes to hold onto her feet and get an ab workout.
* It's amazing how different two babies can be--Madeline has wispy blonde hair and Ryan had long brown locks. Ryan was losing weight and so the doctor put him on solid foods at four months, and our lovely Madeline does not have that problem. :) Ryan was outgoing and boisterous and Madeline is much more introverted and sweet. Ryan was so ticklish he would bust out laughing if you went anywhere near him, but Madeline doesn't seem to be ticklish.
* She wakes up just like Ryan did--the moment she sees your face, she gets a big, wonderful smile on her face.
* She loves to stand! She will tolerate sitting, but if you're holding her, she'd rather be standing.
No comments:
Post a Comment