Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Kids say the darndest things

Ryan says hilarious things all the time and I need to start writing them down so I remember (so I can reminisce, or torture him when he's older!) 

* "Mommy, your hair is really flat"
After I took offense to this, Nick informed me that one of Ryan's new books (thanks, Suedbecks!) has a line that goes something like this "Under my hood, I have a hat, and under that my hair is flat."  I'm just going to tell myself that it's the book's fault and not a true statement.

* "Mommy, she's a hottie potatie"
You can blame his dad for teaching him this phrase.  We were walking out of a restaurant when Ryan tugged at my coat and pointed to an attractive girl walking into a tanning salon and informed me she was a looker.

* "My mommy is really, really black with brown hair."
We were having a conversation about how Grandma is Daddy's mom and Nana is Mommy's mom and you could tell by the look on his face that we were really blowing his mind, so he popped out with this gem.

* Ryan's preschool teacher told me on the first day of Lent that they had a Mardi Gras party and the kids were dancing and Ryan got two sets of beads, put them around his neck, posed, and said "Look at this body!"  His teachers couldn't stop laughing.

* There was another little one that was talking to Ryan's preschool teacher and Ryan was listening to the conversation.  The teacher didn't understand what the other little one had said so she asked him to repeat it.  After the second time, she still didn't understand and she looked at Ryan to get him to translate and he says "Wow, I didn't catch any of that!"

* Instead of pronouncing the word "phew," he says "pew" and it makes me laugh every single time.  I.E. after walking up a big set of stairs, he'll stop because he's out of breath and say "Pew, that was a long walk!"

* This one is just cute: I picked Ryan up from school and was trying to get him to pick up the pace to the car because it was chilly.  We got home and he hopped out of the car and told me to wait where I was.  He ran over to hit the button to close the garage door and said "Don't worry Mommy, I closed the door so you won't be chilly"  Awwww...

* I am a really lucky girl and Nick and Ryan washed my car over the weekend.  On Monday when we were in the car in the rain, Ryan and I were talking about how the puddles were making the car dirty and Ryan said "Don't worry Mommy, when the sun comes out, Daddy and I will wash your car for you again!"  What a keeper!

No comments: